ISO 27001 Certification
What is ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) is an independent, non-governmental, international organisation that develops standards to ensure the quality, safety and efficiency of products, services and systems. ISO certification certifies that a management system, manufacturing process, service or documentation procedure has all the requirements for standardisation and quality assurance.
Certification to ISO 27001 Information Secured Standard provides businesses with an independent endorsement of a commitment to protecting crucial information security to an international standard.
FastTrack ISO 27001 Certification
FastTrack is proud to announce we have secured ISO 27001 Certification. This certification demonstrates that FastTrack operates to best practice, not just within our IT department, but across the board. Having this internationally recognised standard means it is pertinent not just in the Australian and New Zealand markets, but globally.
IT Manager, Bailey Stewart, says that the ISO 27001 Certification is about “ensuring the business as a whole, not just IT, conforms to a set of policies and standards around information security management. It’s ensuring that there’s a management system in place, it’s auditable and workable within the whole business so we can stay on top of our security responsibilities. It’s a great framework to follow as it also includes external auditing, ensuring we are as secure as we can be. This is just so important in today’s data security climate. We take that responsibility very seriously, given the sensitive nature of our customers data.”
“The ISO 27001 accreditation gives our clients a level of comfort that we’re mature in our security footing, and we’ve been judged externally to be competent in security management, and continually so.”
FastTrack’s holds certification number IS 707788 and operates an Information Security Management System which complies with the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for the following scope:
- The development and support of a SaaS solution for the provision of recruitment, payroll, billing and associated activities in accordance with the statement of applicability version no. V.39
ISO certification is something that must be continued to be maintained, rather than a one-time certification. Continual assessment is involved, with yearly audits involved which must be passed.
Why ISO 27001?
ISO certification gives the following benefits to FastTrack360 customers:
Improved Information Security Processes
- FastTrack has an in-depth understanding of the current and potential information and IT security threats that could undermine the data and information of clients
- This means customers have added peace of mind that their recruitment software provider, FastTrack, has verified processes to keep customers data and information secure
- FastTrack has a demonstrated compliance and commitment to best information security management practices
- This means customers can tender to their clients with confidence knowing that their recruitment software provider, FastTrack, has demonstrated best practices
- FastTrack has been approved by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as a whitelisted Digital Service Provider (DSP), acknowledging that FastTrack360:
- Is a cloud-based solution that connects directly to the ATO
- Is transacting or storing more than 10,000 unique tax or super records
- Is ISO27001 certified
- Is hosting data on-shore
- Is consuming services that are risk rated up to: 2-low risk
- Is consuming services in the following categories: STP
- Has implemented MFA as per the requirements for hosted cloud environment
- This means Australian payroll customers can rest-assured that they will remain compliant with the ATO’s Single Touch Payroll legislative requirements
- FastTrack360 is listed for the following capabilities: